Get rid of your e-waste at recycling event |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Recycle used and broken electronics, or e-waste, at the City of Kannapolis’ second annual E-Waste Recycling Event on Saturday, Feb. 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Old Post Office, 275 Vance Ave., at the corner of Dale Earnhardt Blvd. and Vance Ave. in downtown Kannapolis.
Residents can drop off used electronics, including computers, keyboards, printers, monitors, laptops, docking stations, scanners, shredders, fax machines, computer mice, telephones, TVs, flat panel monitors, VCRs, DVD players, PDAs, cell phones, cassette and VHS tapes, tape drives and stereos.
In addition to e-waste recycling, paper shredding service will also be available. Shredding will be limited to five file boxes per person.
Throughout the year, the City of Kannapolis E-Waste Recycling Collection Center at the Department of Public Works, 1401 Bethpage Rd., is open for e-waste recycling drop-off. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. To drop off oversized/bulky e-waste items, residents must schedule an appointment on Fridays only by calling Public Works at 704-920-4200.
Top Kannapolis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments