Kannapolis Public Works crews prepare for wintry mix | News
KANNAPOLIS, NC (WBTV)- The City of Kannapolis is preparing for a wintry mix to arrive in the late morning Friday and continue into the early evening.
Crews have covered the primary travel routes with over 9,000 pounds of brine. Brine is a salt water mixture that is used to help prevent snow and ice from bonding to the pavement. Public Works will be actively monitoring the weather pattern and are prepared to respond to changing road conditions.
Residents are urged not to drive unless it is absolutely necessary so that roads will be open for emergency and snow-removal vehicles and to use extreme caution and slow down, particularly on bridges, ramps and overpasses which can freeze faster than roadways.
As with all forecasts, circumstances may change. Residents and motorists should listen for any winter storm watches or warnings that may be issued by the National Weather Service. Residents in need of police or fire emergency services should contact 911.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Kannapolis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments