Residents could lose homes in I-85 widening plan | Transportation
CHINA GROVE, NC (WBTV) – Property owners in Rowan and Cabarrus County who could lose land due to plans to extend Interstate 85 met with North Carolina Department of Transportation officials Thursday evening to voice their concerns.
The widening project is in the preliminary stages, and cost estimates will not be available until plans are solidified.
The purpose is to relieve congestion along I-85 from NC 73 in Cabarrus County to the US 29/601 connector in Rowan County.
Homes could be torn down in order to add lanes, but DOT officials said they want input from homeowners and business owners in order to minimize the impact.
DOT officials are asking you to contact them with your insight.
More information is available on the agency’s website.
Top Kannapolis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments